Chair applications for the UNHRC are now open!
The Secretariat is looking for two chairs for the UNHRC at URUMUN 2019!
Are you an experienced MUN’er and do you have a special interest in the UN Human Rights Council? Than this is your chance to chair during URUMUN 2019. Urios Utrecht Model United Nations is a yearly Model United Nations simulation organized by Urios, the Utrecht study association for international and European Law.
The fourth edition of URUMUN will take place on Friday the 7th of June 2019. The theme of this years’ conference is: Yemen – Ending the conflict. The conference will focus on the ongoing conflict in Yemen and possible solutions to end it.
The committee topic (which has to be connected to the main theme) is free to choose (in cooperation with the Secretariat). The UNHRC will be a beginners committee which also includes a small workshop on the Rules of Procedure.
Next to the MUN part, URUMUN 2019 also includes interesting speakers, a lunch and dinner. We will end the day with drinks at a pub! Are you up for a day full of chairing and a lot of fun? You can apply by sending your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday the 9th of April 2019.
The URUMUN Secretariat is looking forward to your applications!
5 reasons to be a chair at URUMUN 2019:
- You will be part of the great URUMUN team and work together with fellow chairs and staff members to give our delegates an unforgettable time.
- You will get the opportunity to become an expert in a particular topic of your own interest.
- You will experience MUN from a different perspective. This goes with developing new skills and getting new insights. If you just thought you have had enough of it, being a chair will let you rediscover MUN!
- You will not have to pay the regular delegate fee (more detailed information will follow)!
- You will get to explore the beautiful city of Utrecht and everything it has to offer.
Your tasks as a chair:
- You lead the debates in a way to operate smoothly and efficiently and that the delegates do not get off subject.
- You make sure the rules of procedure are respected and you manage the speaking time during the debating sessions.
- You decide on the topics to be dealt with and the goals to be achieved by the committee.
- You provide the delegates of your committee with the study guides and you are able to answer all kinds of questions that the delegates might have regarding the topics.
- You are enthusiastic and energetic and able to create a positive atmosphere within the committee.